Optical Tachometer at its best!
The guys over at Western Robotics have a awesome Optical Tachometer on the market for all the pilots that have to be accurate with head speeds. The Chinook Optical Tachometer is designed and manufactured in Canada with the newest, and top of the line microcontroller technology. Based on RPM, the window is large and in charge, as well as a nice LCD display. From head speeds of 500-4200, this OpTac can handle just about every helicopter. (Except you guys that are ballistic minded and run you 800 class at 5000 RPM
Solid design, easy to view display, and runs on a single 9V battery. Looks like I will own more then one way to judge my head speed with VERY accurate results. The Chinook is also available in a black and yellow color scheme.
- Reads a wide range of rotor head speed from 500 to 4200 RPM. Additional display for 3 and 4 blade systems (up to 3334/2500 RPM).
- High accuracy RPM readings within 10 RPM.
- Easy to use dial to adjust the RPM speed with onboard memory board to save RPM settings.
- Large viewing window for clear visual of model’s rotor blades.
- Low battery unit indicator
- Operates on one single 9V battery (sold separately).
- On/Off Power Rocket Switch
- Height —– 20.5mm
- Width —– 78mm
- Length —– 117mm
- Weight —– 120 grams