Monster motor for 700-800 sized helis.
This is Neu 2220 510kv motor 28oz prototype. It should handle 3500w continuous and 7000w peak.
All my electric helis do not use governor. ESC governing use a lot of power to smooth out the RPM which is not critical and shorten the flight time. While smaller motors work well with no governor, bigger motor will have less RPM variation without the governor.
Neu 2220 motor mounted on KDS Innova 700 heli for testing.
The motor is longer than it needs to be as this is only a prototype made from existing larger motor parts.
. . . . I expect the production motor to be around $450
. . . . 5hp continuous 10hp peak
- Justin Jee
- Heli Testing Video: Justin Jee and his Aeolus 600 Electric
- SNEAK PEEK: Align Trex 600E v2 Prototype Testing
- TESTING: Prototype Gens Ace 60C Packs
- VIDEOS: Awesome prototype testing of the DT600E from Dart Tin
- VIDEO: Justin Jee flying his KDS Innova 550