KDE DIRECT TREX 700 SERIES PERFORMANCE TAIL CONTROL V2
The new KDE Direct TREX 700 Series Performance Tail Control V2 is now available; including the internal Bearing Holder Collar and updated geometry for easier installation and compatibility with the ALIGN TREX 700E V1 and V2 version helicopters. Based on customer feedback and the highly-detailed Review Videos by Finless Bob of the popular HeliFreak.com forum, the Engineers at KDE Direct went back to work to further improve the design and simplify the installation for our customers. Thank you for the feedback and the new design provides even further improved tail precision and authority. Make sure to check out the updated Installation Diagram (.pdf) for full details.
PERFORMANCE TAIL CONTROL V2
FOR ALIGN TREX 700 SERIES HELICOPTERS
Item Number: AT700-PTC-V2
Installation Diagram: CLICK HERE
Price: $57.95, $80.95 w/ Performance Tail Upgrade V2
Material: Aluminum 6061-T6
Models: all ALIGN TREX 700E (V1/V2), 700N E-Conversion, and 700N series. Assembly replaces components of the stock ALIGN Tail Rotor Control mechanism for unparalleled precision and authority.
TREX 550/600/700 SERIES PERFORMANCE TAIL UPGRADE V2
TREX 550/600/700 SERIES VERTICAL STABILIZER MOUNT
TREX 700 ELECTRIC SERIES REAR FRAME MOUNTING BLOCK
TREX 700 NITRO SERIES TAIL BOOM BRACE VIBRATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
KDE DIRECT 700 SERIES PERFORMANCE BOOM SUPPORT ASSEMBLY
Save $0.95 when you purchase the Performance Tail Control with the Performance Tail Upgrade.
NEW! HeliFreak.com Finless Bob Installation and Review Video Thread: CLICK HERE
Update: the “V2″ design now includes the internal Bearing Holder Collar, so disassembly of the stock ALIGN Bearing Holder is not required for easier installation.
Note: the KDE Direct TREX 700 Series Performance Tail Control V2 assembly is the ultimate, slop-free control system available on the market to provide precise tail control and authority. Add the KDE Direct TREX 550/600/700 Series Performance Tail Upgrade V2 to the system and you now have a complete, dual-radial ball bearing supported assembly throughout for the ultimate flight characteristics. With the mechanics of the dual-fork supported tail slider, there is no worry of abnormal wear or torque loads on the tail shaft slider for a continuously smooth, failure-free operation even under the hardest and most extreme flying conditions.
Important: due to the precision CNC-machining of each component, correct installation is key for proper, bind-free operation. Please pay attention to the Installation Instructions and installation video, take your time during the install, and make sure to apply medium-strength Loctite (Blue 243 or equivalent) to all screws during assembly. Once fully-installed, a significant reduction in slop throughout the tail mechanics will be clearly evident on the bench and in actual flight.
– One (1) TREX 700 Series Aluminum Performance Tail Control Assembly V2
– One (1) TREX 700 Series Aluminum Performance Tail Control Mounting Bolt V2
– One (1) TREX 700 Series Aluminum Performance Tail Control Secondary Link V2
– One (1) TREX 700 Series Aluminum Performance Tail Control Primary Link V2
– One (1) TREX 700 Series Aluminum Performance Tail Control Arm Lever V2
– One (1) TREX 700 Series Aluminum Performance Tail Control Bearing Holder V2
– One (1) TREX 700 Series Aluminum Performance Tail Control Bearing Collar V2
– Two (2) Radial Ball Bearings 8 x 12 x 3.5 mm
– Six (6) Flanged Radial Ball Bearings 3 x 7 x 3 mm
– Seven (7) M3 x 0.5 x 6 mm Button Head Socket Head Cap Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
– One (1) TREX 550/600/700 Series Aluminum Performance Tail Upgrade V2 (When Included)
– Two (2) TREX 550/600/700 Series Aluminum Tail Control Link V2
– Two (2) SAE 660 Bronze Bushings 2 x 3 x 3 mm
– Two (2) Radial Ball Bearings 3 x 10 x 4 mm
– Four (4) Flanged Radial Ball Bearings 2 x 5 x 2.5 mm
– Two (2) M3 x 0.4 x 12 mm Button Head Socket Head Cap Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
– Two (2) M2 x 0.4 x 8 mm Socket Head Cap Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
– Two (2) M3 Flat Washers (Zinc-Plated Alloy Steel)
Clear anodize, mirror-polish CNC gloss
11 g (design is FEA optimized for maximum strength and minimum weight)
The KDE Direct XF Brushless Motor Series continues to gain popularity in both the 3D arena and the F3C/FAI world of RC Helicopter flight. Due to the high-efficiency, durable-construction, and near-limitless power capability of these motors, it won’t be long before you see these worldwide at your local flying fields and competition events. With continued testing of the motors by the KDE Direct Flight Team and Pro-level pilots, updates to the Performance Setups information and Gearing Recommendations (.pdf) has been posted to the website.
Check out the new video from the IRCHA 2011 Event: 700XF-495 YouTube Video
In addition, to support the wide-range of gearing options for the motor series, RevCo Hardened Steel Pinions are now available through the website and provided in these sizes:
- MOD 1.0: 12T, 13T, 14T
- MOD 0.7: 16T, 17T, 18T, 19T
- MOD 0.6: 15T, 16T, 17T
Source: KDE Direct