Ares RC is the air division of Firelands Group and will be available exclusively through all HobbyTown USA stores (like all Helion products). Firelands Group is a relatively new company but has a very experienced team including Mike Gillette (Firelands CEO and previously President/CEO of Horizon Hobby), Dave Carley (VP and previously with Hobby Lobby/Horizon Hobby) and Jason Merkle (Director of Aircraft Product Development and previously with Thunder Power RC and prior to TP, Product Development with Horizon Hobby).
The Ares brand will kick off their helicopter line with the Ultra-Micro MD 500D CX 100.
ULTRA-MICRO MD 500D CX 100
Ultra-Micro MD 500D CX 100 RTF, Blue
Ultra-Micro MD 500D CX 100 RTF, Red
An ultra-scale, ultra-stable indoor heli anyone can learn to fly anytime and anywhere!
● Highly-detailed MD 500D scale body available in two attractive trim schemes
● Ultra-stable coaxial, counter-rotating blade design makes it possible for anyone to fly
● Nothing extra to buy, fully factory-assembled and ready-to-fly right out of the box
● 4-channel transmitter with LCD screen, dual rates and interference-free 2.4GHz technology
● Compact 5-in-1 control unit with 2.4GHz receiver, servos, ESCs, mixer and gyro
● 220mAh 1S 3.7V LiPo battery and unique hatch design with built-in quick battery connection
● DC USB charger and AC adapter for convenient charging from almost any computer or outlet
The Ares™ [air-eez] Ultra-Micro MD 500D CX 100 is perfect for first-time and experienced pilots looking for an ultra-scale and ultra-stable heli they can fly indoors almost anytime and anywhere. The highly-detailed MD 500D scale body is equipped with LED lights and is available in two attractive trim schemes while the included decals allow for quick and easy customization as a News, Rescue, Fire or Police helicopter.
The MD 500D CX 100’s coaxial, counter-rotating blade design offers excellent control and unsurpassed stability that will have any first-time pilot hovering like a pro in no time. The ultra-micro size and low weight make it possible to fly indoors in just about any bedroom, living room or office, and best of all the heli is 100% factory-assembled and ready-to-fly right out of the box!
Also in the box is everything needed to fly including AA batteries for the 4-channel transmitter equipped with interference-free 2.4GHz technology, an LCD screen, dual rates and digital trims, a 220mAh 1S 3.7V LiPo battery and DC USB charger for charging from almost any computer or 5V USB power source, plus an AC adapter for quick and convenient charging from almost any outlet. That means there’s nothing extra to buy and you can be ready to fly within minutes of opening the box.
So whether you’re a first-time or experienced pilot, there’s no better way to enjoy ultra-scale and ultra-stable heli flying and no better value than the Ultra-Micro MD 500D CX 100!
Length: 7.6 in (195mm)
Height: 5.1 in (130mm)
Main Rotor Diameter: 7.5 in (190mm)
Weight with Battery: 1.6 oz (46g)
Main Motor: Micro coreless with fan (2 installed)
Battery: 220mAh 1S 3.7V LiPo (included)
Charger: 1S 3.7V LiPo DC USB and AC adapter (included)
Transmitter: 4-channel 2.4GHz (included)
On-Board Electronics: 5-in-1 receiver/2 servos/2 ESCs/mixer/gyro (installed)
An innovative design and advanced materials result in minimum weight and excellent durability. But just in case spare rotor blades are included and a full line of replacement parts is readily available.
Conventional helicopter main and tail rotor blade designs are typically less stable and more difficult to fly. But the MD 500D CX’s coaxial, counter-rotating blade design offers unsurpassed hands-off stability while eliminating the need for a tail rotor by cancelling out rotational torque and using differential rotor speed for tail control. The end result is an extremely stable and easy to fly heli perfect for the first-time pilot.
Source: Ares RC
- PowerEdge RC comes out with a new lipo for all your Micro needs!
- NEW: Century Hughes 500D for your Radikal G20!
- PRESS RELEASE: All-New Ultra-Micro Batteries and Chargers from Thunder Power RC
- NEW: High Quality Battery for Ultra Micro Helis
- EXCLUSIVE: Introducing the Ethos QX 75 Nano-Micro RTF Quadcopter