Fans and owners of RealFlight 6, may I have your attention please! Here is hot news for everyone!
The Knife Edge Software Team has released the latest public beta for RealFlight 6. Announcing public beta 6.00.041 and this is a hot one . . . . included in this software release is the Synergy E6 and E7.
Get the details for RealFlight 6 public beta 6.00.041 by clicking through.
New RF6 public beta (6.00.041) is available
Version 6.00.041 is now available as a free public beta download. It adds a lot of new content and features to the sim. It is exactly the same as .040 except for a few more fixes (see italicized items in complete release notes below).
Heli pilots rejoice! Both the Synergy E6 and E7 are included in this update. In addition to their standard color schemes, both helis offer a green canopy that was only available as a limited edition in the real world.
RealFlight 6 now supports custom propellers for planes! With KEMax, users can create their own blade shapes and textures to achieve whatever look they desire. We have published a basic tutorial in the the Designer’s Corner forum. This feature follows closely on the heels of the last update (6.00.038), which added custom visual blades for helis.
We’ve included something for airport builders, too: a number of new R/C equipment airport objects, most of them able to be picked up with the grappling hook! See below for the complete list.
And if you are like most users, you probably see the same default color scheme every time you load a vehicle and don’t realize just how many aircraft have additional color schemes available. Now, each time you select a new aircraft, RealFlight will randomly select which scheme to display. It’s a great way to experience all the different art that was previously hiding just out of view. (This feature can be toggled from the Aircraft menu.)
These are only a few highlights. See the full release notes below for more info, and please let us know if you discover any new bugs.
This version is compatible with 6.00.038 for multiplayer.
Perform the following steps to obtain the update (if you already have a public beta version greater than 6.00.038, skip steps 2-4):
1. Start the RealFlight 6 Launcher
2. Click Additional Options, then Technical Support
3. Click Enter Tech Support Code
4. Enter the following code: B#q93qe255444y (If successful, you will see a message saying “You are now registered to use the Public Beta site until the new version is posted to official download site.”)
5. Go back to the main Launcher menu and click Registration/Updates
6. Make sure that in the bottom left corner it says Temporary Public Beta. If not, try reentering the code
7. Click Update to Latest Version; alternatively, click Update to Specific Version, choose 6.00.041 from the list, and click OK.
The LauncherHelper will need to restart partway through this process. Answer “Yes” when it asks if you want to continue downloading the new version. When this process is finished, you will have the latest available version of RealFlight 6.
● Synergy E6
● Synergy E7
● RealFlight randomly selects which color scheme to display for an aircraft
● The appearance of Windows-based dialogs and controls throughout the sim has been updated
● The Aircraft menu’s Kill Engine feature has been expanded to allow selecting a specific engine in a multi-engine aircraft
● R/C equipment airport objects (underlined objects are dynamic):
Covered Tables (Black, Blue, Red, White), Futaba T12ZA transmitter, Futaba T7CAP transmitter, Futaba T9CHP transmitter, Futaba Transmitter Case, Generic Transmitter Case, Metal Fuel Jug, Plastic Fuel Jug, Glow Plug Igniter, Motor Starter, Screwdriver, Work Cloth, Work Cloth – Edge
● Custom visual propellers for airplanes
● Aircraft Editor: Fixed a crash when selecting “Delete Last Output Channel” in the software radio when no channels exist
● Fixed a crash related to using the gadget tabs while in orbit cam (Ctrl-E) mode
● Physics Gadget: Physics speed does not reset to 100% each time a new aircraft is loaded
● Physics Gadget: Physics speed tooltip is updated when the slider moves for reasons other than the user explicitly dragging it, such as clicking the gadget’s Reset button
● Gyros are bettered behaved while on the ground
● Gyro state is cleared more completely after aircraft reset
● Aircraft Quick Select menu does not store the color scheme you clicked last unless you actually load the aircraft with it. This is a nonissue when the Randomize Color Schemes option is enabled.
● Added the missing counterclockwise version of the V-Pitch prop. This makes the CCW version selectable, and stops the FlatOut Extra 300S with V-Pitch from triggering a warning message that we added in .038 to detect this type of issue.
● The grappling hook’s ball end glows at night
● Rave 90 ENV Electric (flybarred and flybarless variants): Tweaked to better maintain target headspeed in Idle Up 2
● Sikorsky Skycrane: Control sticks in the cockpit move in response to inputs
● Sikorsky Skycrane (Grappling Hook): Added an onboard camera facing downward from above the heli to give a helpful additional perspective for easier grappling. This works best when selected in a viewport, as a supplement to the main view from the ground.
● All airports: Helis spawn tail-in at the default pilot location
If you previously downloaded the 6.00.040 public beta, here’s what is different in .041. For everyone else, this is irrelevant.
● The gyro improvements listed above
● Clicking OK in the aircraft selection dialog loads the currently selected color scheme
● Synergy E6 & E7: Skid stiffness is set to 100%
Source: Knife Edge Software
- NOW AVAILABLE: New RealFlight G5.5 public beta (5.50.020)
- UPDATE: RealFlight G5.5 public beta (5.50.22) available
- SOFTWARE UPDATE: RealFlight Public Beta Available
- UPDATE: Full Public Release of RealFlight Version 6.00.042
- UPDATE: Realflight public beta 6.00.044 now available