With temperatures in the 80′s and 90′s this event enjoyed some of the nicest weather the Pacific Northwest has to offer. The event saw a packed front flight line with 80+ registered pilots and countless visitors and spectators. To make the fun fly even more special, like the years before, it was preceded by two days of the Freestyle 3D school hosted by Todd Bennett and Matt Botos. Todd and Matt both stayed around for the 3 days of the Fun Fly. Matt Botos left the crowd speechless with his big air, high speed, on the deck flights with his Synergy N9.
We had the very special treat of a full size MD 500E making a surprise landing late on Sunday at the field. The owner was very nice and gave us a guided tour of the helicopter.
I have several videos from the event to follow, look for them real soon here on RC Heli Resource.
- EVENT COVERAGE: Huntsville Heli Flyers 2009 Fun Fly – Day 1 RECAP
- Todd Bennett Leaves Synergy!!
- EVENT COVERAGE: Orlando Heli Blowout 2009 – Saturday Photos
- EVENT COVERAGE: 2009 Bakersfield Fun-Fly
- NEWS: Matt Botos announces new Synergy R/C Helicopters website