RealFlight version 6.00.045
Download authentic “bayou” sights and sounds!
This update takes you ‘way south of the Mason-Dixon Line into the very heart of Louisiana’s back-country: the swamplands. Of course, it’s also the first to offer you a real change-of-pace for pilots (an aircraft that doesn’t fly) and the ability to record engine and motor sounds for your aircraft. Downloading this update gives you all three, plus all of the features included on the previous three updates. The download is free to pilots who own RealFlight 6. However, you can still take advantage of this offer if you own an earlier version by upgrading to RealFlight 6. Just get the upgrade disk from your favorite retailer, install and enjoy.
Fly over the water a new way: in an airboat!
Need a break? Then grab your fishin’ pole and get ready for something new. With its flat-bottomed hull and powerful engine, you can send this airboat zipping around trees, cypress stumps and other obstacles with your co-pilot: a grinnin’ gator with a kick-back attitude and a bee-you-tiful set o’ bib overalls.
Visit the Bayou Airport.
It has everything you’d expect to see around an airport in the heart of the Deep South: countless cypress and mangrove trees, tiny fishin’ shanties, nets dryin’ in the sun and several thousand square miles of lonely waterways to explore.
Record your own engine and motor sounds.
You know how your engine or motor sounds at the field? Did you know you can hear exactly the same sound when you fly on RealFlight? Just record it at the field – and you can make any RealFlight aircraft sound like your favorite R/C aircraft. It’s the next step in bridging the gap between simulation and reality – and it’s only from RealFlight.
Here are the details for version 6.00.045 public
RealFlight version 6.00.045 is now public
Version 6.00.045 is now available as a free public release. It adds new content and capability to the sim.
We decided to take a small departure from the norm this month and added an RC airboat! It doesn’t fly, but it’s a fun new way to explore the various water airports in RealFlight 6. We’re having a blast with it. We hope you do, too.
Speaking of water airports, the Airboat (and its pilot figure) will feel right at home in the new Bayou 3D airport! The surrounding swamp water is perfect for all your float vehicles. With two different pilot positions and a dock for a runway, this new airport is perfectly suitable for your regular planes and helis of all sizes, too.
RealFlight 6 now supports custom motor sounds! Glow, electric, gas, turbine, electric ducted fan… all types are possible. Anyone with the right tools can make use of this oft-requested feature to attach new motor sounds to stock or custom aircraft and share them with others on the Knife Edge swap pages. We have published a tutorial in the Designer’s Corner forum.
These are only a few highlights. See the full release notes below for more info.
Note that this update is cumulative. As long as you obtain the update via the Launcher, you do not need to update to any earlier/in-between versions first.
The LauncherHelper will need to restart partway through this process. Answer “Yes” when it asks if you want to continue downloading the new version. When this process is finished, you will have the latest available version of RealFlight 6.
● Airboat model
● Bayou airport
● Custom motor sound profiles
● NavGuides: Aircraft pitch and yaw rate items. (They join the existing roll rate item.)
● In fullscreen, MFC dialogs spawned by means other than the main menu (such as the NavGuides gear icon) appear properly
● Dynamic objects situated atop static objects are placed properly when an airport first loads instead of starting on the ground until the aircraft is reset
● Static Futaba 8FG Radio airport object is now dynamic
● Multiplayer: In a Hardcore Combat game, the camera always starts out in your own aircraft’s cockpit, regardless of which aircraft you were looking at previously
● Multiplayer: The Join dialog’s list of available sessions scrolls to keep the current selection in view when using the down arrow
● Object scale values are clamped to sane values
● The clickable console message that appears after a successful color scheme import no longer incorrectly states “Could not load color scheme: there were no aircraft found to use the scheme.” This happened only in very obscure circumstances.
If you previously downloaded the 6.00.044 public beta, here’s what is different in .045. For everyone else, this is irrelevant.
● Additional tweaks to the Bayou airport
● The OK button works in the aircraft editor’s curve editor dialog
Source: Knife Edge Software
- UPDATE: RealFlight version 5.50.022 is now a full public release
- UPDATE: RealFlight version 5.50.025 is Now Public
- UPDATE: Full Public Release of RealFlight Version 6.00.042
- UPDATE: Realflight public beta 6.00.044 now available
- AVAILABLE NOW: RealFlight version 6.00.047 Public Release